Friday, May 31, 2013

AIBrain Agent Project around Oct 3rd 2002

AIBrain Agent Project:


What is AIBrain?
Officially: A program that will learn and respond using inputs and give outputs.
Realistically
: A program that doesn't do anything too cool by itself....yet.

A fake interview (humor) with the author, Rick Harker.
Q: Why would someone [like you] want to make an artificial intelligence?
A: To be the first to make a real one.
A
: For the glory (social status).
A
: For company.
A
: Just to do it.
A
: To lean more about ourselves.
A
: For the money.
Q: What progress have you made? 
A
: Not too much. I've rebuilt the framework to use threads more easily; made the AIBrain agent more modular; made the agent internet capable.
Q: What have you learned? 
A
: I have learned a great deal about human languages, especially English and all of its quirks. I also had to learn the C++ language in order to implement AIBrain properly.
Q: Do you have any pet iguanas? 
A
: No.
Q: What are you currently working on? 
A
: I am trying to combine the internal language I am developing into the memory, grammar, input, output, and learning systems.
Q: How many hours each day do you spend on this program? 
A
: I don't know. I get dizzy when the sun keeps spinning through the sky like that.
Q: May I ask a question? 
A
: You just did.
Q: Okay, then can I ask you another question after this one? A: Yes.
Q: So what is your theory behind your program? Why do you think you will succeed when others haven't? A: Hey, that's two questions! Oh well. My idea is that since language comes from intelligence, it might be possible to simulate intelligence using language. Kinda like a mirror effect, except that mirror isn't quite the correct word. A: Because I have a different perspective on life than most people.
Q: When will the rest of the world see a working version of your program?
A: I don't know. Maybe 1/2 a year, ten years, or never...I don't know.
Q: What popular personality do you compare to? A: Dave Barry. "That newspaper funny guy." - Rick Harker
Q: Wh@]] 
Error 411: connection to host lost. Please hang up and dial again or your neighbor's dog will be kicked by the IRS.
Q: When did you start working on this program? 
A
: I started on parts of it back in the spring of 1995.













 1